What causes poor long vision?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello Doctor

Since last one and half month I fee some issue in my eye sight. Long vision seems to be having problem. I have started fading visibility of characters written on a distant object.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It requires vision testing and eye examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having dimunition of vision gradual in onset and progressive in nature over one and half month.

These symptoms indicate eye problems like refractive error, cataract, retinal problems like retinopathies. No need to worry as all of these can be treated.
Hence this requires examination by a ophthalmologist to find out the underlying cause.
I require more details like
Dimunition of vision is in one eye or both the eyes
Presence of associated symptoms like pain, redness, glare, sensitivity to light...
You are required to undergo vision and refraction testing, examination of anterior and posterior segmentsof the eye.

Do get back to me with details of examination so that I can answer your question more accurately.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 13 minutes later
Dear

I do not have pain, redness, glare, sensitivity to light. But I do have cataract in my right eye, the eye which was hit in an accident in my childhood. I believe that it is my left eye which has started showing problem now.

Please suggest what all tests I need to go through and also suggest what preventive actions I can take. Any best practices in this direction will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Left eye requires evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

Since you had a injury to right eye in childhood, probably you are having trauma related cataract in right eye.
This requires treatment by cataract surgery for right eye.
Left eye needs to be examined by vision and refraction testing, slit examination and fundus examinations to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

The preventive actions for healthy eyes is by intake of foods rich in antioxidants and vitamin A like green leafy vegetables, carrot... Along with this eye injuries needs to be avoided.

Do consult your ophthalmologist for examination of the left eye and please get back to me with the test reports, so that I can suggest you further advice.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
Dear Dadapeer

Thanks for your prompt response. I will visit my doctor on Saturday and would come back to you next week.

After all this would this be possible to speak with you over phone. Please support.

Best Regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up.

Do get back to me with the examination reports.
After the reports the next plan of treatment can be advised more accurately.

Thank you
With regards