What causes pitting edema on ankles to shin?
Pitting pedal edema
Welcome to healthcare magic,
Pitting pedal edema needs proper evaluation. The causes of pitting edema includes
Hypertension(ruled out in your case)
Kidney disease etc
Even early stages of hypothyroidism can have pitting edema.
Local causes include varicose veins, cellulitis, lymphangitis etc
You should see your physician and get tested for the above .
Hope this helped,
Take care and wish you good health.
Pedal edema evaluation
Edema around the legs always tends to get worse towards evening. This is because the fluid shifts towards the feet through out the day under the influence of gravity.
Dizziness may be related to edema if the underlying cause is anaemia or cardiac disorder.
Dizziness could also be due to low blood pressure which you have mentioned.
As I mentioned earlier, you need a thorough medical check up.
Until your doctor's appointment, you could try these at home-
1. Continue elevating your legs. Use 2 firm pillows below your legs at bedtime.
2. Do not massage.
3. Try to avoid standing for prolonged periods.
Hope these help you.
Wishing you good health,
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can premarin cause pitting edema
- What is the cause for edema in my legs
- What causes bone marrow edema
- What would cause pleural effusion and non pitting edema
- What is the cause and treatment for edema in elbows
- Steroid injection caused edema in ankles
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- What could cause pitting edema on forehead
- Pitting edema causes
- What is refractory edema and causes
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?