• question-icon

What causes pimples and marks on stopping Betnovate-C cream?

Posted on Wed, 8 Oct 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was using betnovate - c cream since 3yrs because my face is getting spoiled with pimples n der marks .now I stopped using it from one month so my face is looking dull ,black ,pimples and der marks .

Can you please help me out from this and need you advice .

Thanku..
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
need a picture of your face

Detailed Answer:
Steroids when used for long can cause acne. Betnovate is a steroid cream and you have used it for prolonged period of time. You should stop using it straight away. To treat steroid induced acne, we usually prescribe topical as well as oral antiacne creams. The prescription depends upon the severity as well as type of lesions. So I would need a high resolution picture of your face so that I can prescribe appropriate treatment.
Kindly upload the pic by clicking on upload report/image icon which is on right side of query page.
Upload the pics so that we can take the discussion further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist