What causes persistent severe pain in the pelvic region?
Chronic inflammation and loosening of innocent. Needs PET scan
Thanks for the query.
Has a hip aspiration been done?
Any blood tests?
It appears that you have loosening of the implant and possible metal in metal ALVAL reaction such can cause chronic inflammation.
You need to get a PET scan done to look for focus of infection and loosening of the implant.
Apply hot packs to the painful regions. Take pain killers avoid full weight bearing if it hurts a lot.
An MRI scan will help as well.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in the umbilical region with nausea and vomitting
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain