• question-icon

What causes persistent pain in stomach and diarrhea?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am getting stomach pain at loose bowel movement since last 1 week and after taking some home remedies this symptoms are reducing and again after a day this symptom is re-occurring
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get you blood and stool examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

I have thoroughly reviewed health query you raised, and well realize all of those concerns. Being your physician, I will take care all of them today and will extend my expertise to solve the problems.

It appears to be due to GI infection. For which I will suggest you to take plenty of fluid and electral powder to prevent fluid and electrolyte insufficiency. Also take a course of probiotics along with mild antispasmodic like drotavarine. Meanwhile get your blood and stool examine (Complete haemogram and stool routine microscopy) to see for any infection and if it is there the a course of antibiotic like ofloxacin will also be required.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist