What causes pelvic pain post IUD coil removal?
I started having pains around my pelvic area last week Monday the 14th of September - by Tuesday I assumed it was ovulation but it went on till about Friday and I went to see a General Practitioner. ( To give a bit of background, I had on an IUD Coil - non-hormonal since 2013 after I had a baby - I took that off on the 2nd of September. As at that 2nd of Sept my period had started coming but as the coil was taken out it stalled and didn't come back till the 7th of Sept and lasted till about the 10th of Sept)
I then went to the hospital last Friday 18th Sept - I had a scan done and everything came back all clear.
All through this week I have been having some feelings such as I had when I was 7-8 months pregnant for my baby. I feel like my uterus is expanding as I felt while pregnant, and if I lean on some sides I feel as though I am applying pressure. I'm getting most of the feelings in my tummy/pelvic areas as I had when I was pregnant and over 6months.
I have done Pregnancy tests and its all come back negative, even did at the hospital last week.
Can someone help?
Will be fine after your periods
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is a common feeling after coil removal and will be fine after next periods and thus nothing to worry overall.
But in case there occurs spotting or pain lower abdomen for a while then take diclofenac and serratiopeptidase combination twice a day for 5 days.
Not due to hormones
This feeling is not due to withdrawal of hormones and is rather due to removal of coil causing an empty space in uterine cavity which now lacks inflammation due to coil.
Endometrium will have rest now and inflamed part of it will be shed in periods so symptoms will be fine after periods.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of lower pelvic pain
- Pelvic pain causes
- What causes pelvic pain while urinating
- Pelvic pain menopause causes
- Tdap causing pelvic pain
- What is the cause for bloating feeling and pelvic pain
- What causes pelvic pain after taking antibiotics post appendix operation
- Pelvic pain syndrome causes
- Chronic pelvic pain causes
- What causes chronic pelvic pain aggravated by constipation
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?