question-icon

What causes pale yellow or cream colored stools after a

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2019
Question: What causes pale yellow or cream colored stools after a bout of flu, a day of watery diarrhea, and a day of normal colored but loose stools?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably related to infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi Lizard,

It sounds like the natural consequences of a stomach virus. If you do not feel ill, and the pale stools are/were only for a few days or weeks, I wouldn't worry. If it persists, it could be a sign of pancreatic or biliary disease, but at the moment, I would suspect it is the result of a viral infection with accompanying malabsorption.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon