What causes painful yellowish white sore on tongue?
Needs no intervention. Resolves on its own in about a week.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details provided and have checked the attached images as well. It seems that your son has somehow inadvertently bitten his tongue. As a result there a small amount of blood has leaked into the surrounding tissue. The blood gradually gets resorbed and in the process the light area of clearing (yellowish) is appearing around. It usually takes 3-7 days for full resorption. Nothing needs to be done and the process is a spontaneous one. Till then he has to bear with it. However, the pain would eventually come down.
You can surely take him to the after hours clinic and get him examined.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a sore tingly tongue
- What causes white patches with deep lines on tongue
- What causes sore throat with white tongue
- What causes painful muscle spasms in tongue and neck
- What causes burning sensation on tongue with white coating
- What could be causing of sore tongue or mouth
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- What causes white spots on tongue with headache
- What causes sore throat with boils on tongue
- What causes yellowish dots on tongue of a child