• question-icon

What causes painful lumps throughout the legs?

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I have been bothered by painful lumps throughout both legs. These lumps are firm and painful if pressed on. The one in my calf causes numbness in my foot when laying on my back. These started shortly after a knee replacement in my rt leg, but are present in both legs. Today my left foot and ankle are slightly swollen and the foot is slightly numb. I have type 2 diabetes and the foot numbness is blamed on that, however I know it is also related to the lumps. If I press the lump above my kneecap, I feel it tingling in my foot. I have been to my primary care doctor (3 of them in fact) since the knee replacement in 2012 and they all say the lumps are just fatty tumors. I do have fatty tumors but they are not solid. I'm thinking it may have something to do with my lymph system as I have recently noticing them in my upper and lower arms.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy will confirm diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
The multiple lumps that you have can cause a pressure on the adjoining nerves thus causing the symptoms like numbness. Since these are all over legs and now arms it is best to get a biopsy done to find out the type of lump that you have. Meanwhile taking methylcobalamin supplements will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon