What causes painful lumps on feet and knees?

Posted on Mon, 2 Mar 2015 in Lump
Question: I have nodules on my feet and knees, and have just had a breast examination, and the doctor told me i also had nodules in my breasts, the time ran out though, my next question was to her, what have caused me theses nodules, the ones on my feet and knees are also painfull,
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fibroadenosis of the breasts /

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Well, the first thing to remember is that most probably the painful lumps on the feet and knees may not be related to the breast nodules.

The commonest causes of having painful nodules in the breast at the age of 37 can be fibroadenosis / fibrocystic disease of the breast. These are hormone dependent in some cases and the pain increasing just before menstrual cycles.
Investigations needed are:
Mammography, Ultrasonography, better is MRI if the facility is available at your place.
FNAC or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

The causes of the painful lumps on the feet and knees can be boils, infected sebaceous cysts or skin nodules which need clinical and pathological evaluation for a proper diagnosis and treatment as per the causes.
Since when have you got these nodules ?
Can you post pictures attached to this query ?

I hope this answer helps you to give a guideline to get an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel there s a gap of communication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon