• question-icon

What causes pain under right side of rib cage?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I sometimes get a cramp under the right side of my rib cage? very strange it goes away in about a minute after I stand up and strech. Sometimes after I eat I do feel an odd sensation in the same area .
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does this get worse when you eat a fatty meal?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this cramp that you have reported. The location of this pain and t nature raises the suspicion of a possible gallbladder disorder. If this is the case, It will normally get worse after taking fatty meal. If this is the case with you, I will suggest that you go ahead and get an ultrasound to look at the gallbladder for possible conformation and treatment.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah