What causes pain under left armpit?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been under a LOT of stress, and have been having pain above my left breast, under my left arm pit, and what feels like muscle spasm in my upper back. I have been to the do and had 2 EKG's which were normal, a chest X-ray with "no acute cardiopulmonary disease". Should I continue on the heart appointments, or is this most likely brought on my stress and anxiety?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Control of stress is of utmost importance...

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query. Read the Medications tried - Nexium, Zantac, Buspirone and essential oils.

You present problem looks to be due to stress causing this fibro-myalgia type pain. With the normal EKG and X-ray Chest the doubt about cardio-respiratory problem is not there.

I can not for sure tell you not to go to the Cardilogist, better to have one opinion and he may prescribe you some specific medicines for the problem / stress you have .
Let us definitely hope that this stress / anxiety too shall pass. It is always better to curtail the problem at the earliest before one enters into the vicious cycle of stress > spasm > pain.

GERD too basically is caused by stress as a major factor. I think it is better to get the control over the stress at the earliest to get over all the problems you have.

Wishing you an early and complete recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari