What causes pain under left armpit?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I have been under a LOT of stress, and have been having pain above my left breast, under my left arm pit, and what feels like muscle spasm in my upper back. I have been to the do and had 2 EKG's which were normal, a chest X-ray with "no acute cardiopulmonary disease". Should I continue on the heart appointments, or is this most likely brought on my stress and anxiety?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Control of stress is of utmost importance...

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query. Read the Medications tried - Nexium, Zantac, Buspirone and essential oils.

You present problem looks to be due to stress causing this fibro-myalgia type pain. With the normal EKG and X-ray Chest the doubt about cardio-respiratory problem is not there.

I can not for sure tell you not to go to the Cardilogist, better to have one opinion and he may prescribe you some specific medicines for the problem / stress you have .
Let us definitely hope that this stress / anxiety too shall pass. It is always better to curtail the problem at the earliest before one enters into the vicious cycle of stress > spasm > pain.

GERD too basically is caused by stress as a major factor. I think it is better to get the control over the stress at the earliest to get over all the problems you have.

Wishing you an early and complete recovery.