What causes pain in the right upper abdomen along with nausea and vomiting?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: On Saturday, I started getting pains in my upper right abdomen. The pains weren't so severe at first, but by Monday evening, I had nausea. I started vomiting by Tuesday as the pain got more severe, and by today, I went to the doctor, where they diagnosed me with strep. However, the doctor didn't really do much to see why I had upper right abdomen pains, and I'm terrified to eat, drink, or take my medicines, right now. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consider gallbladder attack

Detailed Answer:

Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
It may indicate gallbladder attack, and I am not sure if this is strep.

In acute phase, you need to take spasmolytics, avoid fatty food and rest. In case of progressive pain or fever go to ER. You should do abdominal ultrasound to check for gallbladder stones.

You need to change your dietary habits first. Need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
How could it be gallbladder if I don't have a gallbladder anymore? And are you saying that my strep test is wrong?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Well, strep may be coincidental finding and strep is usually associated with lower abdominal pain. Second, if you don't have gallbladder then it may be related to pancreas or liver. Pancreatitis or hepatitis may have such symptoms so I suggest do ultrasound and check liver markers. Wish you good health