What causes pain in the navel area?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: Pain is in area of the bell button .i have pain when I reach up for something at night my stomach fells sensitive I as if my bell button is going to come undone any answer would be helpful
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be musculoskeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have seen many diseases related to belly button like Hernia, Discharge of pus etc.
Pain of Appendicitis usually starts around belly button.
As per your description, it looks like Musculoskeletal pain. I prescribe Skeletal muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside 4mg twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
If there is no response, I will go for Ultrasound abdomen.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, i will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D