question-icon

What causes pain in sides of breasts?

Posted on Tue, 22 Jul 2014
Question: Im 46, female, overweight but otherwise in good health. Ive been having pain in the sides of both breasts (along the bra-line, more like below underarms) for last few weeks. Im not sure if its muscular or something else. I cant feel any lumps or anything odd except for a dull pain and slight swelling, no other symptoms. Do I need to get it checked as no other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
get it checked once

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again to HealthcareMagic.

As swelling is there, better to get it checked by a surgeon once as your age and obesity both are risk factors for breast carcinoma and small lumps and diffuse swellings may get missed by you.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon