question-icon

What causes pain in penis while erection?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016
Question: hi I have pain in my penis and it hurts when I have an erection. It also produces white semen even without erection
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Erectile pain:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I am sorry you are having this problem.

Given that there is a white discharge, I suggest you go in to be seen by your doctor or at an urgent care clinic as there may be an infection or prostatitis.

Peyronies disease is also a possible cause if there is a curvature to your erect penis.

If there was trauma to your penis while erect, there might also be something called a penile fracture, but you would have known when this occurred.

If you are uncircumcised and cannot retract the foreskin adequately, it may be phimosis, which a urologist can treat.

So, it is hard to say but those are some possibilities. However, given the discharge, it may be infection or inflammation and so it is best to go get it checked out.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh