Suggest treatment for penile fracture

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a penis fracture. It bends just like a water hose and you can feel where under the skin. No swelling or pain though and I don't want to see a doctor if I don't have to. Will it heal on its own?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs surgical repair.

Detailed Answer:
Penile fracture is a medical emergency, and emergency surgical repair is the usual treatment. Delay in seeking treatment increases the complication rate. Non-surgical approaches result in 10–50% complication rates including erectile dysfunction, permanent penile curvature, damage to the urethra and pain during sexual intercourse, etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon