What causes pain in central calf muscle?
Not seems to be clot.
Thanks for your query.
From description it seems to be calf strain. There is partial tearing of muscle fibres . It not seems to be clot as you are very active.
I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines -
* Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain
* Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area
* Local application of muscle relaxant gel
* Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
*Wrap the calf with a compression bandage.Be careful not to wrap the bandage too tight.
*Keep the leg elevated when seated, and when you need to be up on the injured leg, insert a heel pad in your shoe to help shorten the calf muscle, which takes a portion of the strain off it.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in the calf muscle while running cause
- What causes calf pain while climbing stairs
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What causes pain calf muscle after running
- What is the cause for frequent shooting pain in calf
- What causes lower calf muscle pain after bunion removal
- What causes bruises on the calf muscles
- What causes persistent pain in calf muscle
- What causes a lump in calf muscle
- What causes an indentation in calf muscle