What causes pain in arm pit?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: In arm pit, left side, having discomfort and instants of pain. Feels like lymph nodes in the area may have some cause of irritation.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need a clinical examination

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

If you are not sure of presence of any sewlling (or lymph nodes) in the region, then its advisible to show to a surgeon for a complete clinical examination to confirm their presence.

As at your age, swelling or lymph nodes in that region could be a sign of malignancy, and that needs to be ruled out first.

Other possibility is of infection, but only clinical evaluation will be able to differentiate between the two.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari