What causes pain deep in the thighs?
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain deep in the thighs is likely to be a muscular pain caused by vitamin D deficiency or electrolyte imbalance. This may lead to weakness of bone (osteomalacia) especially at the pubic bone. This pubic bone is part of hip bone and muscles of thigh are attached to it.
To confirm this, you may get –
A. X ray of pelvis – AP view
B. Blood investigation for serum vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus magnesium and alkaline phosphotase. Please share the finding in the follow up query.
For now my advice would be take a break from work for few days (15-21). Take balanced diet rich in calcium (1000mg/day) and vitamin D (1000 i.u. /day) along with vitaminB12, B6. Vitamin D is available in weekly dose pattern as well as injection, just talk to your local doctor. Take ibuprofen to reduce pain and do ice fomentation.
Activities that might help prevent the pain include:
• Drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
• Stretching your leg muscles or riding a stationary bicycle for a few minutes before you go to bed.
• Massaging the painful muscle with your hands or with ice
• Walking or jiggling the leg
• Taking a hot shower or warm bath
• These pains at times may be associated with POTASSIUM deficiency and so foods such as bananas, potatoes, prune juice and dried fruit are to be taken as dietary supplement.
• Also, calcium fortified foods like seafood and fish, almonds, flaxseed, oats, prunes, sesame seeds, tofu and XXXXXXX can help to stave off muscle pain & spasm.
• Avoid acidic foods and drinks like tomatoes and vinegar which blocks the body’s natural ability to absorb calcium leading to muscle aches & muscle fatigue.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- What causes burning pain in thighs
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- What causes knots and pain on upper thighs
- What causes deep throbbing pain in thigh and right arm
- What causes pain in knee joints and thighs
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes pain with tenderness on thighs
- Thigh pain tried using ice what is the cause
- What causes pain in hamstrings and on thigh