What causes pain below the umbilical region, nausea and dry heaving?
Try some symptomatic over the counter medications first.
Welcome to HCM,
From the facts you have posted here,pain over and below umbilical region (belly button) with vomiting could be spasmodic or due to some underlying issue like gastroenteritis or else.
However,it should be further evaluated by complete clinical examination and some relevant tests like routine blood works,urine and ultrasound abdomen.
Nothing can be said much without examination and investigations.
If pain is not so troublesome,then I would advise you to try some symptomatic over the counter medications. So do not worry much.
1) Take Proton pump inhibitors (pantoprazole 40 or rabeprazole 20) twice daily for your stomach ache and if you have gastric trouble.
2) Take tab.ondasetron (brand name: Emeset) for nausea and vomiting on SOS basis.
3) Syrup digene 2 TSF three times a day will also be helpful if there is acidity or stomach burning.
All above drugs are available as OTC drugs.
Anti-spasmodic drug (like dicyclomine) in combination with paracetamol can also be given for spasmodic belly pain but you will need prescription from some local doctor.
Avoid hot,oily and spicy foods rather take bland or soft diet for initial 1 or 2 days.
Take plenty of water with fruit juices (lemon juice with added salt) or coconut water.
You may wait for 1 or 2 days to see some improvement and if not or in case if symptoms persist,I will suggest you to see some local physician for further evaluation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headachesstomach pain and nausea
- What causes severe pain in the umbilical region with nausea and vomitting
- What causes nausea and severe pain in ankle
- What is the cause of epigastric pain and nausea
- What causes chest pains and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and headache
- What causes exhaustionheadacheneck and back pain along with nausea
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain