What causes pain and stiffness in joints?
Possible Varicose veins? Need confirmation
I can certainly understand your concern.
As per your clinical description and past history, the possibility of development of varicose veins us very high in your case.
These varicose veins can present as knots over muscle and Skin, impairing their function to some extent .
Likewise, they usually develop in the setting of underlying DVT's.
At this point, it's pretty important to get a Duplex Colour Doppler ultrasound of the blood vessels of legs.
Specific procedures like Vein stripping and sclerosants can be used to cure these knots.
Further management is largely guided by Doppler report.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes stiffness and swelling in the ankle joint
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What causes severe shoulder pain and stiffness in muscles
- What is the cause of stiff and painful wrists
- Causes of knee pain stiffness
- What causes stiffness pain in the pubic area
- What is the cause for severe cervical pain and stiffness
- What causes stiff neckmuscle pain and occipital headaches
- What causes stiffness and pain on the lower back
- What causes leg pain with stiff joints and twitching