What causes pain and stiffness in back after stopping birth control pills?
I am 5'4" and 115 pounds. I rock climb 3 days a week, mountain bike 2 days a week. I stretch, do sit ups, push ups, dips daily. My exercise has not changed in 25 years, other than adding in new stretches and exercises to address this problem.
I have been off the pill for about 9 mos. Should I go back on and see if the tight muscles/spasms go away? My blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar levels are normal.
Due to sudden discontinuation of pills.
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
As you were taking pills since age of 18 years your body's production of hormones will be reduced. Sudden discontinuation of hormones do results in muscular symptoms. Estrogen, a hormone content in OC pill, has a effect on muscles strength. You need to continue pill in lower dose for 2 or 3 months and gradually stop it. Because your body should start producing hormones in required quantities.
Prolonged use of pill do require regular check ups for monitoring liver , cholesterol levels. Its good that your some of blood work up shown normal reports.
Hope i answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can birth control pill cause severe lower back pain
- Melasma improvement after birth control pills are stopped
- What to expect after stopping birth control pills at age 50
- Itchy rash after stopping birth control pills
- What causes delayed periods after taking birth control pills
- What causes delayed periods after stopping birth control pills
- Hot flashes after stopping birth control pill
- What causes bleeding while on birth control pills
- What causes trigestrel birth control pills to fail
- What causes long periods after taking birth control pills