What causes pain and bruising on back with history of kidney stones?

Nephrologist
Question
I am a 24 yr old female. I just got over a UTI and I have been have having throbbing pain in my right kidney since July 16th. I had a bilateral x ray done on my kidneys and it showed I have a 3mm stone in my left kidney, my left kidney does not bother me at all though. I have a small bruise on my back over my right kidney area as well but I have never hit my back on anything at all. The pain in my kidney is constant and goes from a 7-9 all the time. What could be the cause of the pain and bruising.
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
Most of the times such a small kidney stones are coincidental and do not have any clinical significance. They will be passed off automatically without even ones knowledge. They are all coincidental discoveries and you do not have worry about it.
Please clarify..
1. Did you develop bruise at any other place?
2. Did you have a tendency for “easy bruisability" before?
3. Are you taking any tablet for any other reason/ disease?
4. Did you pass blood in urine? Did you get urine culture test done now?
5. Did you get UTI any time before?