What causes numbness in the face after taking antibiotics?

Question
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection yesterday and given an antibiotic. When I woke up this morning, the right side of my face is numb and a little on the left. Is this normal?
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Antibiotics can cause a variety of adverse effects though the one you described is uncommon. The symmetry of the face should be looked for on examination by testing the seventh nerve to rule out a seventh nerve upper or lower motor neuron palsy in consultation with your doctor. Once that is ruled out then the medication can be continued. A decongestant can also be added accordingly.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil