What causes numbness and ringing sounds in right ear?

ENT Specialist
Question
I keep waking up with my right ear numb and can't hear out of it with ringing sound. I'm not sure what it is. When I touch my ear, it gets even more numb and usually goes away after some hours. Today it's a bit longer than usual.
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
ear infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome to healthcaremagic,
From your symptoms it looks like you have ear infection.

Usually ear infections are viral in nature and require only symptomatic treatment.

You can use decongestant nose drops like otrivin. These drops open the eustachian tubes. The eustachian tubes connect the ears and the nose. These tubes get blocked during ear infection. Otrivin nose drops open these tubes and ventilate the ear and control infection. Instill 3 drops in each nostril 3 times a day and follow it up with steam.

Drink plenty of fluids and avoid air conditoining.

If you do not feel better then see a doctor because you may need a course of antibiotics.

Dr Rajkishori Godhi