What causes numbness and burning in finger during sleep?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: left finger numbness and burning pain during sleep

My doctor stated that I have degenerative neck nerve damages . What do have to do to stop numbness and burning sensation especially on my left hand fingers and middle of my palms?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Carpal tunnel syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms seem to be caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Due to medial nerve compression in the wrist area the pain and numbness appears in the first two-three fingers. The pain gets usually worse during the night.
To diagnose it wrist ultrasound and EMG test should be done. Please consult neurologist.
If it will be confirmed simple surgical procedure can help.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.