What causes non-refreshing sleep?
and in mornign when i get up - i am not fresh
what could be reason?
Need further information
Thanks for writing to us,
Non-refreshing sleep can have several causes, such as chronic pain, mood disorders like depressive illness etc. In your case both are a possibility in view of the surgical history you have provided.
Dreaming is a normal process but being able to recall dreams every night for a longer duration each night is due to a change in your sleep architecture. This could also be seen in the above mentioned causes.
Were there any other stressful events of late? Has there been a change in your appetite? Do you feel interested in your daily chores as earlier? How has your mood been in the past two months? Are there any other medications you are taking? Are there any other problems you are facing?
Dr A Rao
- yes last few weeks are stressful because of two surgeries that I had
- I am still taking laxatives because of anal surgery that i had. now trying to reduce
- in general i feel fatigue most of time
- mood - yes i can say not so good... may be because of feeling of being so much dependent on others because of fracture
- Daily cores - feel interest - but not able to focus becasue of overall tiredness of mind and body
- what is remedy for such dreaming issues.
yes, probably depressive illness
Thanks for writing back to us,
From the history you have provided, you probably have mild to moderate depressive illness, probably triggered from the stress of the surgeries. Once your sleep is normalized with treatment, the problems will go away. But you are required to get a detailed examination and evaluation from a psychiatrist to assess whether it is severe enough to warrant medications or if psychological management will suffice. I would not be able to prescribe treatment on this forum. Kindly visit a psychiatrist at the earliest.
Wishing you a fast recovery,
Hope this helps,
Dr A Rao
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes altered sleep pattern
- What is the cause of snoring and sleep talk
- What cause sleep a lot
- What causes choking in sleep
- What causes sleep cycle distortion
- What causes halucinations with disturbed sleep
- What causes hiccups during sleep
- What causes death during sleep
- What causes restless sleep
- What causes someone to sleep alot