• question-icon

What causes nerve pain in the right thigh?

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am having intermittent jolts of nerve pain centering in the right rear of my right thigh. I have been diagnosed with neuropathy for the past number of years and have been having these jolts of pain in various spots on my leg. This not a constant situation. I have taken lyrica along with hyrocodene it doesn't help. Thanks. Chuck Hauver 94 yrs in otherwise OK condition but this not a lot of YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you tell me if you are a Diabetic or hypertensive,

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to health care magic,

Can you tell me if you are a Diabetic or hypertensive, and what other problems and medications you have besides the neuropathy so I can help you better.

The causes can be sciatica(from the spine), Diabetes, or neuropathy due to aging.

After receiving your reply, I will discuss various options of treatment that can be tried. Please revert back--regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Geeta Sundar 14 hours later
N0 to your first question 8 to 10 years ago during a laminectomy the surgeon cut through the wrapping to the spinal cord and I leaked spinal fluid for 8 days befora he was convinced why I got so weak from losing CSF and he repaired the part that was leaking. Ever since then I have had different levels of pain from my back to m right foot, I have also had nerve pain attacks that were unpleasant and never in the same place and this time lasts almost 20 hours
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will suggest we can add--- Amytryptaline

Detailed Answer:
Hi you are already taking Lyrica. I will suggest we can add---

Amytryptaline and if really needed--Carbamazapine for your nerve pain. Also do take 1500mcg of B-12.

Lastly--local therapy in the form of TENS may also help. Please discuss these with your doctor.--regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Geeta Sundar