What causes nasal congestion and cold?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Im having heavy cold and nose block , Please could you advise any natural treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation....

Detailed Answer:

Steam inhalation is the most effective natural treatment for nose block, nasal congestion and cold. You got to do it 3-6 times based on severity and feasibility. You may add eucalyptus oil / menthol or vicks vaporub into warm water and inhale steam for better effectiveness.

In addition, I will also suggest you to try antihistamine tablets - tab cetrizine 10mg at night for 3-5 days. Of course, this medication is not a natural treatment.

Please let me know if you develop any fresh symptoms during the course of next few days.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Dr. Prasad