What causes muscle twitches in the left thumb?
I need to have a few more details regarding your actual health problems....
I have gone through your medical history carefully and I need to have a few more details regarding your actual health problems:
- are you having pain?
If yes, was that prior to putting your hand/finger in cast or after?
Why did your doctor put in cast ? (broken bones?)
Can you please give more details to assist your adequately?
If you have gone through a pulled tendon, and your ortopedician put on cast, that will be ok in a few weeks. It is normal to feel numb the cast area even some days after the removal of cast due to immobilization.
The muscle twitch can be involuntary due to immobilization. Can take magnesium supplements and physiotherapy can help.
If you have sever anxiety, then, should consult further with your caring doctor to prescribe some anti-anxiety meds until improvement.
With regards to ALS, was this diagnosis made by your doctor? Do you have any test report so far?
Then try to relax and think positively
That's fine, nothing worrisome came out from lab tests, so don't get anxious unnecessarily.
I advise to add magnesium supplement and see the difference.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Occasional muscle twitching cause
- Muscle twitching in leg causes
- Causes of involuntary muscle twitching
- What std causes muscle twitching
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- Causes of muscle twitching symptoms
- Muscle twitches causes
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- Frequent muscle twitching causes
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?