What causes muscle twitches in calf?
Hypocalcemia, trauma.calcium supplementation. rest
First of all I appreciate your life style.
I went through the query and understood your concern.
The cause of painless muscle twitches may be due to 2 common causes
1. Hypocalcemia.. you need to check for your serum calcium level. It is more common in post menopausal period. Supplementation with Vitamin D and calcium will help you. Since the twitches are present in both lower limbs this may be the probable cause.
2. Any recent injuries or trauma or even over work. Since you do horse riding any injury to the nerves that supply the calf muscle while riding can also presents with muscle twitches. For this you should give rest with good hydration.
So get checked for the same.
I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Muscle twitching in leg causes
- Causes of involuntary muscle twitching
- What std causes muscle twitching
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- Causes of muscle twitching symptoms
- Muscle twitches causes
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- Frequent muscle twitching causes
- Intense muscle twitching in calf causes