What causes muscle strain in hand?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I am driving Ecosport and it is just limited to City driving and often changing the gear and often i find i am having muscle pain or some pinching pain when i take strain on the hand ( only in the left hand of mine ). This is noticed from last 1 - 1.5 months. Please advise what should be reason or any other issues. I am ok with my BP/Sugar/C etc. non smokar and non-alcoholic man. Height 5.8 and weight 78 kgs.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please tell me more about site of pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and the pain looks to be due to muscle injury. In your reply please tell me the site of pain whether it is at hand or elbow region? and What makes the pain worse ?
Meanwhile you may do-
1.Ice fomentation
2.Over the counter available pain killer like Ibuprofen

Follow-up: What causes muscle strain in hand? 1 hour later
The pain feels sometime muscle of the left hand front and back and sometime on the hand (not exactly on elbow). When i give stress on hand i can feel the pain.

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscle fatigue may be the reason

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It's good to see you
After going through the whole discussion, it seems you have developed muscle fatigue .My suggestion for you would be-
1.You must have diet rich in calcium (1000mg/day),Vitamin D (800 i.u./day) protein(1gm/kg body weight)along with vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12.
2.Regular muscle strengthening exercises of hand like pressing the soft ball or lifting up of dumbbells.
3.Take pain killer like Ibuprofen on as and when required.
Hope this helps.