• question-icon

What causes muscle spasms in the left thigh?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am a 59 year old male, with pain that on my left side from the inside of my left thigh, up through my groin, to just above my pelvis. I weigh 205 lbs, 5' 11". The pain makes it hard for me to walk. This pain started 2-3 days ago
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the thigh upto pelvis that started recently can be related to a muscle spasm. Muscular spasms can be treated by (1) treating the underlying cause (2) keeping yourself well hydrated (3) stretching the muscles involved (4) the use of anti inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen, cataflam with meals provided there are no contraindications to their use (5) a muscle relaxant may be necessary

It may be best, if possible to visit your doctor for a thorough assessment and treatment plan.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon