What causes motor neuron disease?
my wife is a XXXX patient. she is completely peralysed and on ventilator ( since four years).We are useing RILUTOR ( Riluzole ) tablets, Esomeprazole-40,Fludac-20,B-complex,Iron,Calcium syrups. She looks healthy. All other organs working normally. Recently, she is not able to swallow even pasty food (takes liquid diet). Whenever we give her solid food, she gets cough and flume comes out and takes time to recover.Now,She loosing clarity of speech. so, can we use LESURIDE at this time? I am EXPECTING more suggestions from you Sir.... Thank
Continue medication and get Ryle's tube inserted
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Motor neuron disease is a progressive disease with loss of motor neurons, thus leading to muscle atrophy.
Bulbar involvement (muscles of oral cavity for speech and swallowing) also occurs.
Difficulty in speech and swallowing indicates disease progression.
Lisuride has some effect in parkinson's realted dysphagia but unlikely to have effect on MND associated dysphagia.
You can get a Ryle's tube inserted or feeding gastrostomy or jejunostomy done.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is motor neurone disease contagious
- Diagnosis of motor neurone disease
- Symptoms of motor neuron disease
- Botox and motor neurone disease
- Motor neuron disease causes
- Motor neuron disease caused by broken sesamoid
- Motor neuron disease specialists
- Motor neuron disease diet
- Accupressure for motor neuron disease
- Ssi and motor neuron disease