What causes morning sickness during 8th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 30 Mar 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Doctor,
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. Today morning in empty stomach she vomitted in green color. Is it a thing to worry or it is common during pregnancy? Please let me know.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal during pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
During early pregnancy it is normal to have a feeling of vomiting due to the effect of hormones. The expulsion of greenish vomitus is also a normal finding as some bile can come out on an empty stomach. She can get doxylamine prescribed from her gynecologist to decrease the frequency of vomiting.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal