What causes mild forgetfulness in a 75 year old man?
My father is 75+ years old.Today will forgotten things like he do not remember his shoes and also forget who was talking on XXXXXXX with him and repeating one sentence again and again.
please suggest me.
Evaluation for dementia is required
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
At this age memory problem may be due to alzheimers or secondary cause of dementia.
You need to get him examined and evaluated by a neurologist.
He may require brain Mri and blood investigation like vitamin B 12, Thyroid profile, liver function test, renal function test.
Drugs for dementia can be started later on.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Can you refer any doctor in XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nose bleed at 70 years old
- What causes 5 year old to have boil
- What causes smelly armpits of a seven year old
- What cause blood in urine in a 5 year old
- What causes potbelly in 35 year old male
- What causes toothache in a four year old child
- What causes low hemoglobin 90 year old
- What is the cause of loose motion in a 1 year old
- What causes dark lips in 3 year old
- What causes a 26 year old to have a stroke