What causes mild congestive heart failure?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was diagnosed with mild chf a few years ago with family history of heart disease. Have had no problems until now. three weeks ago suddenly started feeling extremely tired and dizzy for no reason and has steadily gotten worse since. have had some nausea. when I get up I am ok for about ten minutes and then it hits me and i'm down for awhile. I get so tired when I have to do anything I have to rest. I had blood work and everything was ok. Have appt. with cardio. next week.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear madm.
Mild CHF indeed does not convey much about the cardiac status itself. It would be much more helpful if you can narrate your symptoms at that time and you can share your ECHO report. That would provide much clearer idea of your cardiac status.
The current feature may be of cardiac problem, especially in view of fact that your blood work up is normal. The normal blood work up rules out many other causes for such symptoms like anemia, kidney failure, liver failure etc.
Waiting for your details.
Sincerely
Sykhvinder