What causes mild abdominal pain along with stomach upset?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have mild pain in my right side almost constantly plus I get pain in my upper abdomen and chest . sometimes I feel slight stomach upset . and also get slightly dizzy at times
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to GERD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux). But it is better to rule out cardiac cause by doing an ECG. Ultrasound examination should be done to rule out problems with gall bladder.

For GERD nexium alone won't help. I recommend more potent proton pump inhibitors like rabeprazole along with motility enhancers like domperidone to take for long term for this. These are prescription medications. You can consult your GP for this.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.