What causes lump behind ear along with headaches and pain in neck?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I recently was under a lot of stress and about a week ago I notice i had a lump on the right side of my head behind my ear, well it giving me headaches and now the pain is going into my ear and neck. The headaches come and go.. Can you please tell me what this can be?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be enlarged Lymphnode.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like a Enlarged lymph node. Because of the inflammation, pain will spread to the surrounding areas.
In my opinion, you should take Antibiotic like Cefuroxime tablet along with Anti inflammatory tablet. If there is no response, you should consult your doctor and get an FNAC ( Fine Needle aspiration Cytology ) of the swelling .Exact diagnosis will be confirmed.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon