What causes lower left abdominal pain?

Excellent

Endocrinologist
Question
Hello Doctor, and Thank you!

I have pain in my lower left quadrant and lower left abdomen. Is it connected to microplasma pneumoniae or Candida?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less likely.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, hi! it seems to be some colitis or enteritis. Infection of the large intestine causes pain in left quadrant. Another probability is renal pain. Mycoplasma pneumonia or candidiasis is less likely at these sites. More likely is Enterococci, or some helminthivc infection.
you may try some antibiotics like norflox, metronidazole , but also get USG abdomen, stool routine and urine routine done. do let me know the reports. thanks!

Follow-up: What causes lower left abdominal pain? 48 minutes later
I really appreciate your very insightful answer! I have had a colonoscopy, two endoscopies, an USG and a MRI, as well as stool and urine tests. In short, gastritis was found, but nothing suggesting my symptoms. Your information prompted me to investigate, and I wonder if I have Whipple's Disease. (?)

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
less likely.

Detailed Answer:
Whipple's disease include diarrhea, steatorrhea, abdominal pain, weight loss, migratory arthropathy, fever, and neurological symptoms. Weight loss and diarrhea are the most common symptoms that lead to identification of the process, but may be preceded by chronic, unexplained, relapsing episodes of non-destructive seronegative arthritis, often of large joints.
if you have already undergone endoscopy, biopsy of the mucosa would have given the diagnosis. if nothing came out, and you do not have weight loss as well, i think we treat you on the lines of enteritis. regards!