What causes lower abdominal pain in females?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Just finished my period 1 day ago for the past few hours have been experiencing a mild pinching pain in my mid lower abdomen- it comes and goes and has no relation to urination. It seems to be decreasing a bit just wondering what it could be and should I be concerned and contact my dr.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need at this point

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Well if there is just intermittent pain with no vaginal discharge or fever then there is no need for some urgent care. This may be ovarian cyst or endometriosis and pain should be managed with nonsteroid painkillers. If pain persist, you can do ultrasound to rule out cyst or kidney stones.till that, take raspberry tea and painkillers. Wish you good health.