What causes liquid drainage from ears?
Thank you for posting the query: I will try my best to help you with this answer.
After examining the image you have sent and the symptoms described by you, it seems to be Otitis externa of the left ear (infection in the outer part of the ear canal). The clear liquid which came out of the ear canal would have induced skin allergy over the pinna.
Do not worry! This is a simple problem. My suggestion to you is to consult your doctor for a thorough examination of the ear and aural toilet. Once the ear is cleaned and antibiotic drops instilled into the canal, the discharge will stop subsequently and thus the allergic rashes in the outer part of the ear.
Clean the outer part of ear with clean cloth soaked in warm water. Please do not insert ear buds or tissue paper into the ear canal to clean the ear. Avoid water getting into the ear.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. XXXXXXX Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes drainage from the anus
- What causes purple drainage from a boil
- What causes poor lymphatic drainage
- What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears
- What could cause pain and drainage in ear drum
- What causes sinus drainage in the mornings
- What causes itchy redness and drainage in my forehead
- Drainage from the ear thin watery clear foul smell causes
- What causes red tint to the ear drainage
- What causes drainage in throat