question-icon

What causes left-sided cold sensation on face?

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: Hi! I am having some cold sensations on the left side of my face. It almost feels like cool water running across my cheek.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
probably facial neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to hcm.

Please describe the symptoms in detail. Is it continuous or comes and goes? How often does it happen? What triggers it? For how long do you have it? Do you have any other symptoms?

These symptoms may be cause by facial Neuropathiy or trigeminalgia. This is irritation or inflammation of facial nerves and may be triggered by stress, cold whether, certain medications or no obvious cause. It can be treated with diazepam and nonsteroid painkillers.

Also you should take b12 vitamin and vitamin d.

Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon