Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What causes knee and wrist pain with intermittent burning sensation rash on arms and elevated prostate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 8257 Questions
I have knee and wrist pain when I move them with any strain on them. I also have intermittent burning skin sensation with slight red rash on both arms and legs.I also have an elevated prostate spa of 8, but a long history of bph and fluctuating spa.prostate biopsy in past years were negative.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be rheumatoid arthritis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum. The pain at the knee and the wrist, more on moving and strain, may be suggestive of the osteoarthritis, age also supports the same. Intermittent burning skin sensation with red rash signifies the rheumatoid arthritis . I advise you to consult a rheumatologist for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have M.R.I. rheumatoid factor, C.Reactive protein etc for confirmation. I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms Injections of Vitamin B1,6, and 12 for 10 consecutive days, and then periodically and antiinflammatories, for long time and ofloxacin for 7 days. If the pain is unbearable avoid taking potato, other tubers, tomato, egg, chicken, and sea foods for few days. P.S.A(prostate specific antigen)level was, 2.8 in may, and XXXXXXX to 4 in october. Prostate biopsy report is negative. The levels of P.S.A. for the age above 70 in non cancerous person is 17.8, and in cancerous person is 613.2. So you need not worry till you get the reading of above 17. If you have any doubts regarding this matter, i will be pleased to clarify them. More over in many countries like XXXXXXX they are not considering it as a diagnostic. Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor