What causes itchy red marks on legs?
Stretch marks, go for tretinoin cream or laser treatment
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs though they are not very clear.
According to me these are stretch marks.
These are usually formed whenever there is sudden increase in size of some part.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply tretinoin 0.1 percent cream at bedtime for atleast 10-12 weeks.
This is a prescription drug and you need to see the doctor in person to get it.
If they don't show much improvement I recommend my patients to go laser treatment for getting rid of them.
She also mentioned there are some blood vessel that broke there, is this normal?
Thank you for your time!
Don't use advantan as it contains a steroid
Don't use advantan as it contains a steroid and will further increase the stretch marks.
Stretch marks at these sites like in your case is also due to inadvertent use of topical steroids.
Have you applied a topical steroid at this site before the appearance of these marks?
For itching you can take tablet Loratidine 10 mg once daily and apply moisturising cream on these marks.
This will relieve itching as well as irritation.
It is not associated with broken blood vessels, it is due to thinning of the skin and dialatation of blood vessels which causes the marks to look red and wrinkled.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in lower leg
- What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms
- What is the cause of red marks on my arm
- What causes itchy burning feet and thighs with red marks
- What causes itchy and red perinium
- What is cause of random red marks
- What causes red marks on chest
- What causes itchy scratch marks on penis
- What is the cause of itching and redness in legs
- What causes red pores on legs