What causes itchy palms?

Posted on Wed, 5 Aug 2015 in Skin Rash
Question: the palms of my hands have been itching all over for weeks. There is no visible rash.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use over the counter antihistamine cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

It is most commonly used party of our body. It may be allergy, contact dermatitis. You might have been coming in contact with allergen unknowingly, so I would suggest you to recall any substance you are coming in contact with recently and if so try to avoid it.

I would suggest you to use over the counter anti histamine creams for about week you should be fine.

If it persists then it is better to see doctor for examination and to rule out other causes like carpel tunnel syndrome, primary biliary cirrhosis.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Harish Naik