What causes itchy palms while weaning off Cymbalta and Mirtazapine?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My palms itch terribly and the toes on my left foot itch. I have been weaning off Cymbalta and Mirtazapine
for three weeks. I break out in sweat and then in a few minutes I am cold. My new medicine is Fibryd.mg
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Withdrawal symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, itching is a common symptom of mitrazapine withdrawal. sweating is a symptom of cymbalta wothdarwal. withdrawal symtoms can last up to 3 months. I recommend you try gradually withdrawing these drugs to decrease the withdrawal symptoms. I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng