question-icon

What causes itching feeling inside penis after sexual intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: I had unprotected sex. The next day I slept in a hotel room naked and didn't have sex. The very next day I felt itch inside my penis. It is very small. It has been two days and I still feel it. It doesn't feel like anything is wrong. No burning. No skin itching. It feels like it's in the inside under the shaft. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (39 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Trichomonas infection has to be thought off.

Detailed Answer:
HI,
Welcome to HCM.
You had unprotected sex. No discharge or burning sensation during urination,but an itchy feeling inside the urethra. Possibility is a Trichomonas infection. Urine examination may reveal the same sometimes. Otherwise it can be detected by a special culture medium on request. It is not a serious disease.
Otherwise it may be sometimes due to your anxiety and phobia for STD.
Drinking plenty of water sometimes relieve your symptom.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist