What causes intermittent painful urination in a child?
If you have any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated.
most likely phimosis
Thanks for writing to us.
Based on your description it looks like phimosis.
It is common in infants as the opening may be closed tightly by the foreskin.
By one or two years it should have subsided.
But if still he complaints what you described then you need to consult your pediatric surgeon.
Many kids benefit after circumcision to releive phimosis.
Infections have been ruled out as you mentioned.
I don't think there is any other condition which will present like this.
Wishing your child speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning and painful urination
- What causes sore belly and frequent urination in a child
- What causes pain during urination
- What would cause frequent urination and chest pain
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes pain after urination
- What causes pain on passing urine
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes oily urine in my child